Object Cloud Storage
FNTS object cloud storage service provides the scalability, resiliency and security companies need to manage unstructured data. Object cloud storage is ideal for backup and recovery, data archiving, cloud-native application data, big data analytics and disaster recovery.
What is object cloud storage?
Object Cloud Storage is designed to handle large amounts of unstructured data files in an unstructured manner. Storing data in a simple, informal way allows businesses to meet the growing data demands of third platform applications including mobile, cloud, social, big data and the Internet of Things (IoT). Object storage uses metadata which is a set of data that gives information about another set of data breaking down the silos of multiple data sources.
Object storage doesn't change the data you are storing, merely the way you access the data. Each object is assigned a unique ID, along with other tags to describe that piece of data. Using the third generation object platform from EMC, Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) technology, storing data has never been easier or more cost-effective. This gives you the ability to manage storage from multiple sources from a single interface.
Object Cloud Storage Functionality Overview
- Store a photo of a dog (Object ID + Metadata)
- Assign file info with user-defined metadata: dog, beagle, brown, Rover,
- Store object in an unstructured data bucket (database or file system is not needed)
- Instantly recall object based on metadata when needed
The retrieval process is more sophisticated than traditional storage systems because it allows you to retrieve objects based on granular metadata, not shortened titles or misleading titles. The retrieval process can be customized to meet the needs of your applications and the way you do business.
Use Cases for Object Cloud Storage
- Cloud-Native Applications: Traditional storage struggles to keep up with the speed and agility of cloud-native applications in a cost-effective manner.
- Backup and Recovery: customize data life cycle rules for efficient, durable and secure option for your backup and recovery objectives.
- Data Archiving: Get instant access to cold-stored, archived and less frequently accessed data
- Big Data Management: Boosting data performance reduces costs and provides a return on revenue when you can index, recall and use the information in your data lakes at a higher rate than with traditional storage.
Benefits of FNTS Object Cloud Storage Services
- Complimentary, hands-on service is available 24x7
- Customized contract terms, flexible service level agreements and services to meet your business requirements
- Leverage state of the art Elastic Cloud Storage from EMC
- Strategic planning, migration, and management for storage growth and predictive billing
- Infinitely scaling without impact on performance
- Built-in disaster recovery
- Built for long-term data retention
- Worry-free scalability with unlimited apps, users and files
- Active-active architecture, multi-site, single global namespace enables anywhere access to content from any application or device
- Multiple front-end appliances, software and storage arrays exist today that interface seamlessly and utilize cloud object-based storage for another cold data tier
- Multi-tenancy allows for total isolation of data stored is encrypted on the cloud object storage array via D@RE (Data at Rest Encryption). Options for client-side encryption methods allow for objects to be encrypted when written to cloud object storage