Information We Collect From You
We obtain a variety of information about you at various phases of your experience with the Services, as described below. While it is solely your choice to provide such information, we may be unable to provide the Services to you if you choose not to share certain information.
Signing Up for Services; User Information
- Information you provide prior to any registration process, such as your email address;
- Information that you provide during any registration process, including in connection with a co-branded offer (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address or credit card information, geographic location and industry), when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or services; and
- Payment information that you provide to us (by way of our Services or otherwise) when you purchase some of our products and services, including credit card data.
This information is required except as otherwise noted during the registration process.
Use of Services, Website Visits, and Support
- Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services that is required in order for us to provide the Services:
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Geographic location
- Data you provide when you update your information, communicate with us, or order new services
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance
- Details concerning the device or other method of communication you use to interact with the services
Failure to provide this information may disable use of the Services.
- Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services that is optional:
- Pages you view
- Links that send you to our services or links you click to leave our services
- Metadata about your use and your contacts’ use of our services and your emails you send (including clicks and opens)
- Your interactions with any videos or other media we offer
Failure to provide this information will not disable use of the Services.
- Your conversations with us by telephone or in writing.
Failure to provide this information may disable us from providing support for the Services.
Some of this information (such as IP address, browser type and version, your interaction,
- Information from third party social networking sites, including information that social networking sites provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form).
- The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
This information is provided only with your consent.
- Information you provide to us or to our partners in person or electronically;
- Information you provide to us in surveys;
- Information that is publicly available; and
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties.
This information is optional, and failure to provide it will not disable the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
- To provide the requested Services to you;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
- To offer and improve our Services;
- To provide you with information or technical support that you request;
- To facilitate your movement through or use of our Services;
- To advertise and market third party products and services (but only with your permission, if your consent is required by applicable law), and to improve the relevance and quality of such advertisements;
- To find and correct problems with our servers or our Services;
- To fulfill the standards in our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To communicate with you;
- To target prospective customers with our products or services (but only with your permission, if your consent is required by applicable law);
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on certain trends and statistics. Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services. We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees, and for our own protection.
How We Share Your Information
We will only share your personal information with the entities and for the reasons described in this section.
When we share personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name, email address and other information enabling partners to:
- Assist you in using our products and services,
- Contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you, or
- Provide you with their products or services.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent. Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as through a virtual private network, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
Sharing With Third Party Service Providers and Vendors
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties so that they can assist us in providing the Services (such as by providing, for example, customer service, fraud detection or deterrence, access to advertising assets, or information technology and storage support), or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (such as by providing analytic information or search engine optimization services). Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose except the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through the Services, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfill your order.
We may also share certain aggregated or non-personal information with third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
Lastly, if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
- Violating our terms and conditions of use;
- Causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
- Violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
This disclosure can include transferring your information to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, it is our policy to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Tracking Technologies and Online Advertising
We use web beacons, pixels, tags, scripts and other similar technologies in the course of our business. These are invisible images or instructions that record certain interactions with the Services, such as mouse position and activity. We also use Local Storage Objects such as HTML5, to, among other things, optimize screen presentation, video and other preference information.
Types of Cookies
There are four main types of cookies that our websites use to distinguish visitors from each other, provide a better website experience, improve the performance and usefulness of a website, or market to visitors.
- Necessary Cookies. Necessary cookies enable basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference Cookies. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or region, which improves your experience on the website.
- Statistics Cookies. Statistic cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting anonymous or pseudonymous information.
- Marketing Cookies. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. These cookies may be used to display advertisements that are more relevant and engaging for the individual user, and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Some cookies (called “session” cookies) will be erased when you close the web browser. Other cookies will remain on your computer after the browser is closed until they reach their specified expiration date. Until removed, these cookies will become active again when the website is reopened. Cookies can be deleted by you, at any time, and do not collect any information when you are not accessing the website.
FNTS may place any of these types of cookies for the purposes (and, where applicable, only with your consent) as described under How We Use Your Information above.
Choices and Opting Out
Marketing Communications from Us
You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages from us or by emailing us as provided under Contact Information below. Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) for FNTS products and services are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) for FNTS products and services, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications. To cancel your FNTS account(s), please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable FNTS service. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
We may contact you by telephone, with your consent where applicable, for marketing purposes (including by automatic dialer and/or prerecorded message). If you do not want to receive marketing calls, please contact customer support at the brand from which you purchased your Services. You do not need to agree to receive automated marketing phone calls or texts from us to use the Services.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Please note that you may not be able to receive certain services on our website if you refuse a cookie. To find out more about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
If you visit our websites from an IP address that we recognize as European, then Necessary, Preference, and Statistics cookies and other tracking technologies will be placed by default and you may opt out of Preference and Statistics cookies. Any Marketing cookies will be placed only with your consent.
If you visit our Website from an IP address that we recognize as non-European, the cookies and similar tracking technologies mentioned above will be placed by default.
Information from Third Parties
If an account or profile was created without your knowledge or authorization, please contact customer support at the brand on which the account or profile is located to request removal of the account or profile.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers include the ability to transmit “do not track” signals. Because no industry standard has yet been developed with respect to “do not track,” the Services do not currently process or respond to such signals.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the date on which you terminate your use of the Services, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
Depending on what information we collect from you and how we collect it, we rely on various grounds for doing processing your information under the GDPR, including the following reasons:
- In order to administer our contractual relationship, including setting up your requested Services, payments, renewals and processes;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to run a successful and efficient business and provide you with the Services and other useful content;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations we may have to collect this information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
For the purposes of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), FNTS may act as a controller or processor depending on the particular Service.
In order for us to provide the Services to you, your personal information will be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. FNTS complies with GDPR only where it is required to do so by contract or by applicable law.
Where GDPR applies, we will take the following steps to safeguard any data transfer outside the European Economic Area. Transfers of personal information to our affiliates will be completed under the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC and 2010/87/EU. Transfers of data to third parties will be under the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2004/915/EC and 2010/87/EU. You may contact us or our European local representative as described under Contact Information below to obtain a copy of the data transfer agreement or more information regarding the relevant safeguard we put in place. For more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Data Subject Rights
Where GDPR applies, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you may have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us as provided in Contact Information below. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- Where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information;
- We are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- We are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- You no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- You believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
Restriction of Processing to Storage Only
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal information as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as provided under Contact Information below.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Third Party Links and Information Collection and Use by Our Users
Some of our Services provide links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
You may also log in to some of our Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. For example, if you take advantage of certain of our social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site, the applicable social networking sites may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable it to function properly.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
Notification of Changes
Last modified December 13, 2021.